Resource Manager Visibility

I was under the impression that one could choose what Resources to display in the Resource Manager. It seems that the choice is only pick a Resource or pick all Resources. Is this correct? 

Also when one selects All Resources the resources are all listed in alpha sort & not by type?

Edited by Jim Smith

5a0485b52fc6a_ScreenShot2017-11-09at8_43_12AM.png.297c00e4782a7c67243a46efeb7984fb.png

Do you not get the drop down showing the different resource types? I think it only shows types that are present in the file or in the resource locations chosen by the buttons on the left.  V is the default VW libraries in the Application folder. 3 people is the workgroup folder. Single person is the User folder. Star is Favorites files. Cloud is Subscription libraries.

Between these options and the chose to choose just the resource type you want you get pretty good control. It would be nice to be able to choose multiple resource types to display at once, but I can't think of what kind of user interface that would make that useable.

I don't think so. Too many people complain about extra clicks required. If you had to click to uncheck one type of resource, click to check another and then click OK there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I have another program that does something similar, but using it is completely painful. And unfortunately it is for a function I need regularly.

The only thing I can possibly think of would be to expand the resource manager and displays the types of resources at all times with check boxes. Probably an All and None option. And probably modifier key option to select single that would deselect anything that is already selected.

24 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Too many people complain about extra clicks required

Accepted.

My proposal would be that all resources get automatically sorted into their special resource folders

and the tree allows to select more than one File/Folder/Source and display all their contents in the

list view.