RW options disappear

aarfing

Question

working on a specific file in VW2018 sp1, when I go to render a viewport, all RW options disappears. The Render option in the viewport menu changes to wireframe and all RW options in the main view menu goes grey.

The problem persists, when quitting and opening a new file afterwards. 

Seems that after some reboots of VW I get a new start w. all RW options, then, opening my current job , the problem immediately reoccurs. 

Workaround, anyone?

st

vw2017-11-08 kl. 10.53.59 copy.png

16 answers to this question

Hi Steffen, can you create a RW texture after RW options disappear? If you can't create a texture and CineRender does not appear in the Activity Monitor, that means Renderworks is not running. Can you please confirm that this is the case?

No, I cannot create a texture. When I open the file everything looks good, the moment I change i.e. from top/plan to an openGL view, the RW options all gray out. No CineRender in the activity monitor.

Can it have any connection to having updated Cinema4d to R19? I noticed that VW creates a MAXON file in in prefs evrytime it opens.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, Eb Madry said:

I am also having the same issue. I did an uninstall/reinstall yesterday, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. 

If you havent already then, make sure tech support has reviewed your case. If reinstall doesnt resolve it, it could be an unrelated issue with similar symptoms.

22 hours ago, steffen aarfing said:

I can add that reinstalling (without migration) did not solve the problem.

Have you had any luck with being able to render or add textures? I have tried a few things and sadly still can't figure out why CineRender won't run in my background. 

On 11/11/2017 at 2:07 PM, steffen aarfing said:

Sorry Eb, no breakthrough yet. I have notified tech support, but no news. 

Hi Steffen, I was able to get mine to work after speaking with Vectorworks tech support. 

So the problem seems to only be happening for people with 13in MacBook Pros. This is what they told me to do. 

You’ll need to remove the libosmesa.dylib file, which is located in your Applications folder, in Vectorworks 2018 -> Renderworks -> resource -> libs -> osx -> mesa.

Hope this works for you. 

Not just a Macbook issue. I'm running Windows 10 home with VW2018. See screenshot.

I'm still able to render using keyboard shortcuts but drop down menu option is greyed out.

Unlike the others, my issue occursInkedScreenshot_2017-11-20_11_09.06_LI.thumb.jpg.78ee0a0c65c67bc35ccdae141946953a.jpg while working on a standard design layer, not a viewport.

Just now, jakez said:

Not just a Macbook issue. I'm running Windows 10 home with VW2018. See screenshot.

I'm still able to render using keyboard shortcuts but drop down menu option is greyed out.

Unlike the others, my issue occursInkedScreenshot_2017-11-20_11_09.06_LI.thumb.jpg.78ee0a0c65c67bc35ccdae141946953a.jpg while working on a standard design layer, not a viewport.

Hi Jakez, I was given the fix for the issue from the Vectorworks tech support, and they were only aware of the issue on the Mac side. Did you try deleting the same file to see if that helps? 

1 minute ago, Eb Madry said:

Hi Jakez, I was given the fix for the issue from the Vectorworks tech support, and they were only aware of the issue on the Mac side. Did you try deleting the same file to see if that helps? 

I haven't done that yet. I'm still in "work-around mode". Also, I feel like there's possibly some preference that I accidentally selected that's causing my issue.