Class for stairs objects unworkable

When I assign a class to a stairs in order to show it differently in a sheet layer viewport, it apparently is of no use because there are 20 or so objects in the stairs each of which has a different class assignment.  Impossible to use.  Also, changing the characteristics of a 3d object by means of editing its class works for line types and line weights, but if you change the fill to "None" the object is still opaque.  Trying to get foreground objects to appear as unfilled dotted outlines in an elevation.  It seems like this would be a common use of class attributes overrides.  v2017

zoomer, so <stairs class> is not <class = "stairs class">, but whatever class is assigned to the stairs object?  I see a Settings / Graphic Attributes dropdown list called "Attribute Styles," and one choice is "Use Object Class Attributes."  That selection does not persist after clicking OK (reverts to "None"), but it does seem to cause the stairs to accept the object class attribute settings.  "Attribute Styles" is not the word choice I would use to label this part of the interface.

Edited by P Retondo

Ahm, generally with Plugin Objects,

I have primary Classes like Walls, Windows, ....

I set my PIOs to always use these primary Classes when being created.

From then I prefer to set all PIO Components by there own (SUB) Classes (Like by Materials)

This way I can either switch on/off complete PIO groups, or when on, Isolate Components to

see for example only all Window Glass Panels of the whole Building.

Looks like the Stair Tool has no setting to set a Class where it is always placed in, like other PIOs.

So in this case I have to care when creating a Stair, that my Primary Stair PIO Class is active,

or change that later.

But then that Class should be what they call < Stair Class >

If you want that Class to control the whole Stair appearance, you have to make sure that all

Components Class assignments are also set to < Stair Class >

+

That Class has to been set to "Use at Creation"

+

All Component Settings under the chosen Class have to be set to "by Class Style"

(That is why VW 2018 finally brought the new "All by Class" button)

12 hours ago, P Retondo said:

I see a Settings / Graphic Attributes dropdown list called "Attribute Styles," and one choice is "Use Object Class Attributes."  That selection does not persist after clicking OK (reverts to "None"), but it does seem to cause the stairs to accept the object class attribute settings.  "Attribute Styles" is not the word choice I

Sorry, I did not create any Stair in VW 2018 right now.

But I see that these settings have changed, and they differ from other common new VW 2018 PIO Settings.

And maybe even some things don't work as expected or designed -> Bug

or no one likes how they work -> Feature Request

Edited by zoomer