Class & Layer Descriptions

Boh

Vectorworks allows you to enter a description of a layer or class in the edit layer/class dialogue. This from VW Help about class descriptions (the same applies to layer descriptions):

"The description displays as a screen tip when you position the cursor over the class name in the Organization dialog box, Navigation palette, or (on Mac only) the Classes list from the View bar. Descriptions also display in the New Classdialog box, so that you can see descriptions of classes before you import them".

That is great however it seems to fall down when a new classes or layer is created by duplicating an extg one. I often duplicate classes or layers so that the new class/layer has the same attributes & viewport visibilites as the original. Unfortunately it also duplicates the class/layer descriptions which may then also not apply to the use of the new class/layer.

I want to easily be able to manage these descriptions in my files however the descriptions aren't listed in the organisation dialogue box. Is there a simple script out there somewhere that can create a worksheet that lists the name and descriptions of classes and layers in a file? In addition it would ideally be possible to edit the descriptions straight from the worksheet.