Forum Upgrades - November 2017

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reputation system seems functional again. I even received a point recently! thankyouverymuch.

Where is the button/icon/link to give credit where due?

I tried Safari and Firefox.

The Multi Quote "+" button looked promising, but no joy.

A forum or browser pref I need to turn on?

Just me being oblivious?

Digital equivalent of tool drift and steel blindness? (common jobsite maladies causing inability to locate the hammer you just put down).

I need administrative direction.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
15 minutes ago, Benson Shaw said:

The reputation system seems functional again. I even received a point recently! thankyouverymuch.

Where is the button/icon/link to give credit where due?

I am currently testing the new UI, so I and a few other employees can give reputation for the time being, but standard accounts can not. It'll be rolled out as soon as possible, but making some more changes (along with changes coming to the rest of out web presence) to maintain flexibility further down the road.

18 minutes ago, JimW said:

I am currently testing the new UI, so I and a few other employees can give reputation for the time being, but standard accounts can not. It'll be rolled out as soon as possible, but making some more changes (along with changes coming to the rest of out web presence) to maintain flexibility further down the road.

I'd like this if I could :D

Is there something up with the emojis? I've noticed I seem to have lost the simple smiley face from the emoticon dropdown in the formatting bar.

Hopefully "with changes coming to the rest of our web presence" means the new not so secret bug submit system! B|

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
12 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Is there something up with the emojis? I've noticed I seem to have lost the simple smiley face from the emoticon dropdown in the formatting bar.

Something is up with that one, which is incredibly weird that its so specific. It only SEEMS to be on Safari but its something I think can be fixed by swapping out the stored emoji icons.

You may see some strangeness in embedded quotes and videos for a few days, I'm experimenting with some different embedding settings to clean things up and include more embed-able link types. This strangeness in appearance will all go away once the changes are pushed live.

On 2017-12-15 at 7:55 AM, JimW said:

Semi related to that, any thoughts on some changes I'm working on?

1) Reorganized the user pane to be off to the left...

2) Re-enabled the highlighted posts...

3) The reactions at the bottom right of a post with the up and down arrows will be replaced by something else that slides out when clicked on and has a range of items to pick from...

I like all three of these proposed changes!

#1 does make the posts subtly but very nicely easier to read in sequence.

#2 will be great at making it even more clear that Vectorworks Inc team members are active on the Forum, which I think is a very important aspect of this Community.

#3 I'm especially keen to see this. There is some really great information here and and being to "compliment" it and its author will help to highlight it for others. (Similarly, being able to tag non-helpful information will also help improve content. If a post gets enough "down-votes" will it be hidden from the thread by default, unless clicked?)

Edited by NeilB
Duplicated content - oops.
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 4:54 PM, JimW said:

Just curious if this is this still the case? I just got a notification about someone "reacting" to a post, but I can't see what that reaction was, nor can I react to others' posts.

Just now, Andy Broomell said:

Just curious if this is this still the case? I just got a notification about someone "reacting" to a post, but I can't see what that reaction was, nor can I react to others' posts.

Yup, it was me!

Should be rolling out very soon, it's all ready to rock, just awaiting final checks and approvals.