2018 Title Block Manager, Issue Sheets, Revision Sheets

Asemblance

Question

Hi All,

Hoping this is a straightforwards issue somebody can help me with.

Trying to add new 'Issue' numbers to some sheets. I go in through the 'Title Block Manager', open the 'Issue Data' tab, and hit 'Add'. Good so far.

I want to apply this issue data to several sheets in the file, but not all sheets. The options in the drop down list are:

This Sheet Only

All Active Sheets

All Sheets

Selected Files

I think where I am missing something, is I'm not sure what 'Active Sheets' are. How do I choose which sheets are active?

P.S. A personal frustration with this - please don't default it to 'All Sheets'! I have frequently intended to add to a couple of sheets, but accidentally left the defualt 'All Sheets' after already doing a couple of sheets - then ended up having to start again.

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Asemblance,

1 hour ago, Asemblance said:

I'm not sure what 'Active Sheets' are. How do I choose which sheets are active?

- Active sheets are these sheets, that have Title Block Border object on them with 'This Title Block is Active' option checked.

I want to apply this issue data to several sheets in the file, but not all sheets.

- In order to apply issue/revision data to several Sheet Layers you could select 'Selected Files' from 'Apply Issue/Revision Data to' popup and from there select the Sheet Layers in the current file, which you want to receive the Issue/Revision data.

P.S. A personal frustration with this - please don't default it to 'All Sheets'!

- For the Title Block Border objects Issue Data is the same for the whole document and that is why the default value is set to 'All Sheets'.

P.S. - Another query relating to both this and Project File Sharing - Why do I have to check out all sheet layers in order to add revision/issue data to a single sheet? Is this working as intended? It would be much better if this was not necessary!

- As for this, could you fill in a bug report, so that we can investigate the issue?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your response - I see now where the 'active viewport' checkbox is, thanks.

It does seem this is not the best way the software could handle the issue though. For instance, it would make life much much easier/clerarer if this information could be included in the 'Organisation' Palette under 'Sheet Layers'. Or some other place that the whole set of drawings could be quickly reviewed (I'm imagining another column in the attached screenshot with tick boxes).

5a006bc985238_ScreenShot2017-11-06at14_00_08.jpg.e504b29e93680565777a427770840d0f.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot we often end up with a lot of sheet layers in a single file, and sometimes issue one, some, many or all of them at each time. So to be able to quickly 'tick' all the sheets as active would make life much simpler.

I'll put in a bug report about the Project File Sharing as you suggest.

Hello Asemblance,

The 'This Title Block is Active' check is specific for Title Block Border objects only and is not part of the Sheet Layer information. If you want to easily edit which Title Block Borders are active, you could check out the worksheet in the attached file.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

ActivateTBBs.vwx

19 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

The 'This Title Block is Active' check is specific for Title Block Border objects only and is not part of the Sheet Layer information. If you want to easily edit which Title Block Borders are active, you could check out the worksheet in the attached file.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

ActivateTBBs.vwx

Thanks Nikolay

The 'ActivateTBBs' file you sent over looks very useful - however I can't seem to get this to function on our project sharing files. I guess the Project Sharing file structure causes incompatibilities?

It would surely make sense for something like the file you sent me to be integrated into the Vectorworks software. I'm sure everyone would find it easier to work with a check box list like that, rather than going through individual sheet files and ticking or unticking boxes..

On 11/7/2017 at 12:46 PM, Asemblance said:

The 'ActivateTBBs' file you sent over looks very useful - however I can't seem to get this to function on our project sharing files. I guess the Project Sharing file structure causes incompatibilities?

Could you fill in a bug report with steps how to reproduce this and screen recording, if possible?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov