Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Walls Still Left Unconnected

David O

Hello everyone !

A few months ago (version 2017) i created a topic mentioning about the node Wall left walls unconnected when you feed a list of vertices into it's inputs.

Now (in 2018) i realized that the Wall node is still presenting  the same issue...

I wonder if there's any form to join walls via Marionette without having to re-program the node... 

Thanks for any tip...

• 2 weeks later...

@Alan Woodwell

Thanks for your comment !

As  you know there's a tweet in the wall node code provided by @Marissa Farrell in my first post in March ... 

That will work fine ...

What i wonder is why not incorporating that new solution to the wall node that comes with the program ?

I think the evolution of the nodes is an important point to remember when releasing new versions of VW don;t you ?

Or do this behavior of the wall nodes is something that is expected ?

Cheers !

• Marionette Maven
9 hours ago, David - CADTEC said:

What i wonder is why not incorporating that new solution to the wall node that comes with the program ?

I think the evolution of the nodes is an important point to remember when releasing new versions of VW don;t you ?

Or do this behavior of the wall nodes is something that is expected ?

Hey David,

We are continuously adding and updating nodes in Vectorworks, however we have to send them through a process where the new changes can be approved.

In the case of this node, it just hasn't made it through the approval process. It will likely find its way into the software later.

Hope this clears things up.

Marissa