Webview VW 2018 - Set height First Person Mode

Itchy

Question

So I set my height in VW before exporting to webview, I know have some nice option to choose from when I export which is an improvement. No problem with the process so far but when I open the link and swap from orbit to first-person mode and move, the height changes to a predefined number - not helpful in my situation as I have low headroom so I keep getting stuck, there is the walk through walls option but that doesn't help with getting me up the stairs...

In 2017 you have the option to adjust the height of the view (albeit broken for metric users) and the viewer (as far as I'm aware) would use you the height that you set in VW.

1 step forward, 2 steps back... My problems with lighting solved but now the model is not able to be navigated easily.

I'll see if I can get some time to create two sample files showing the difference so others can test.

1 answer to this question

Ok, I set the file up in 2017 with a saved view as the start point. Exported to webview and the saved view was ignored so you will need to use the orbit to navigate to get yourself onto a surface to be able to enable the first person setting, once there you can adjust the height to walk under the low floor framing, and walk correctly up the stairs into the roof space.

The file is then saved and opened in 2018, same saved view and exported as a white model. Webview opens at the correct view but when you change to first person, and then move forward you will notice the viewing height jump up. You seem to get knocked by each of the floor members and then cannot seem to pass the last one (they are all at the same height). Even if you use the walk through walls to get past the last floor members and then deselect you still don't walk up the stairs...

VW 2017 Webview

VW 2018 Webview

both saved on the temp cloud so if you need them 2 weeks after this post let me know.