Creating a DTM

Jean-Marc

I am trying to create my first DTM in version 10 (never managed to create one in v.8). I started with 8/ 2d polygons, which I then converted to contours using the "2d poly to 3d contour" function. The new DTM source data went into a new layer. When I try to create a model using this data, I get the message "that menu item is not authorized for use in this application". WHen I click OK, I get a second message reading "A Vectorscript error has occured; Refer to file Error Output for an explanation".

Where have I gone wrong?

Incidently, I am also confused by the Site Model Dialogue box, which gives me the option to either "create a proposed site model" or "update existing site model". The manual suggests the second selection should actually read "create existing site model". If I am trying to create an existing site model, do I select "update existing site model?

To check whether the problem was with the file I was working on, I set up a new document with just 4 2d polygons. I then converted these to 3D loci, as per manual instructions. However, once again, when I tried to set up the model, I got the same "that menu item is not authorized for this application" message. I also noticed that the at my first attempt at creating the model, the model dialogue box gave me a choice to select "Create proposed site model", but pre-selected the option to Create an Existing model (checked and grayed, as it should be). When I tried a second time, I was then given an option to edit both the proposed and existing models, as though a model had in fact been created. However, I see no evidence of a model in my simple 2 layer drawing.

[ 02-05-2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc ]