Callout Database - Broken!

Jim Smith

Question

So I've started a new project in VW2018 & I'm rebuilding my template because.... well because I want to make sure that I avoid corruptions in the future. So to what to my wondering eyes should appear? I can't use my Callout Notes Database. The programme at first "could not locate" any data base I selected from the list. Now having made a copy in VW2017 folder I moved that copy into VW2017 & that allows me to access the database copy; with NOTHING IN IT! Is this a common problem (i.e. a bug) or am I just unlucky? 

I've tried batch converting a VW 2017 file & opening that file but the notes that are on display on this file are  not in the database. 

Untitled.jpeg

Edited by Jim Smith

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Hello Jim,

Could I ask you to add a bug for this? I tried to reproduce the problem with database that I made into VW2017. There was no problem. I was able to open it into VW2018. Could you create a bug with your database and steps how to reproduce the problem and we will analyses it in deep.

Thanks,
Kostadin Ivanov

The problem that I was experiencing seems to have been corrected. I manually moved a copy of my 2017 database into 2018, this didn't seem to fix the problem when I posted the note here. When I went through the steps a few days later so I could outline the steps I had taken for the Bug report, the Database was available. Perhaps VW2018 need to be restarted a few times for the problem to be resolved.