ford519

Question

Hi, I really like the auto-hide palette feature for work on my laptop, but I wish I could make it appear/disappear faster. Is there a way to adjust the speed? I would love it if it would appear instantly if my cursor touches the frame, and disappear instantly if my cursor leaves the toolbar.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the slow-mo, blurry animation for the toolbar hide as well? It seems to be a waste of system resources for a program whose focus seems to be the speedy creation of readable build diagrams. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

Moderators should this thread be moved to wishlist? Or do you prefer we start a similar new thread in wishes, with reference to this thread?

For me:

• Auto open is too fast.  I often overshoot a target location and therefore unintentionally open a palette. Would like a pref or other way to adjust user setting for hover delay before open. Even one second more would usually prevent the unintended open, and would not annoy me much for intentional open.
  • Auto close is too slow. If the palette is open, I would like some pref options eg, auto close instantly when cursor leaves the palette, or setting to determine the auto close delay after leaving the palette, and/or close when I click outside the palette, or voice triggers (?), or machine learning my habits, or ?????
  • Palette animations - I do not need, but OK if option. Especially if default is off.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

Could the speed be altered like with the Mac dock? Looks like people will have their own preferences, so would it make the most sense to be able to edit these to their liking?

Please see the link here for reference:

http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/28/change-dock-animation-speed-mac-os-x/

This is something I do on every Mac I work on, as screen real estate is a precious commodity for my graphics and drawing work, even more so on a laptop...

I gave up on auto hide.

I also overshoot and open thing unwanted or I edit something which setting window

exceeds the Palette and when I OK, the palette auto hides and such things.

Main reason may be my Wacom Pen Input that does not work somehow to switch

the little "+" to temporarily lock auto hide.

So I set that feature to OFF completely and open my RM by CMD+R.

Edited by zoomer
17 hours ago, zoomer said:

I gave up on auto hide.

I also overshoot and open thing unwanted or I edit something with setting window

exceeds the Palette an when I OK the palette auto hides and such things.

Main reason may be my Wacom Pen Input that does not work somehow to switch

the little "+" to temporarily lock auto hide.

So I set that feature to OFF completely and open my RM by CMD+R.

SAme. The auto-open/hide seemed useful till it obstructed my window every time I went near it. Simpler to Cmd+R currently