Multiple Textures

tringas1

Hello-

I'm trying to add multiple textures to a single solid object. I have an extruded rectangular shape that's serving as a "ground" covered in a sand texture. There is a point where it runs up against a wall that has its own texture and I would like to add a tall grass where the two meet. could someone help with adding both textures to the "ground"

Edited by tringas1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not too long ago I needed a similar result from one of my renderings and I found that I could achieve the desired result if I use multiple objects, sharing the same plane if needed but with a variety of displacement mapping dimensions and resolutions. For example, in this patch of mulch, grass blades were needed to grow in between and make it messier and more realistic.

Landmark-3d sculpture-1.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
9 hours ago, tringas1 said:

how did you make the density of the grass so low? to look give it the sparse look?

You can edit the grass shader and alter the Density setting, you can lower it quite far, even into tenths of a percent. Usually though 20-30 is fairly sparse, if you're seeing it densely even at those levels you might have the grass texture size overall set to too small a value.