Create Interior Elevation requests

michaelk

Question

I'm a big fan of the Create Interior Elevation tool.  Huge improvement over using the regular section tool.

A couple of requests:

1. Anything that can make it faster is appreciated.  I get significant lag when changing the design layer of the marker, changing the drawing number, double clicking the marker to edit, etc.

2. I'd like to be able to create the elevation viewports while not on the same design layer as the walls.  Just define the layer in the dialog box that follows the marker insertion.

3. Often the dashed line showing the extent of the section extends too far and needs to be adjusted.  I'd love a way to select a section line and make the extent marker contract to be on the screen in its current view so I don't have to go scrolling over to find it.

4. There appears to be a handle for a vestigial marker on each section line.  So if you need to adjust the section line on the marker side you first click on and move the handle for the invisible marker than then you have to go back and move the handle for the actual line.

5. I'm getting a weird thing where when I click on the end of the section line I get the correct diagonal arrow cursor so it looks like I've clicked on and capture the handle of the section line, but when I move the cursor and click to place it I find it hasn't really captured the handle at all.

5 answers to this question