Hello!.

I just changed from laptop to a 28" screen to work better on vectorworks, but now the information box when I measure is incomplete. On other words, using a line trying to measure doesnt show the whole information on the text-information box, the numbers appear half of them. Also, Arributes text: solid and opacity looks so small that I cant read them and that is happening with other palettes. Can somebody help me?. Thanks,

SG 

Help.png

Edited by Dianeth

If you are on Windows 8 or higher you may want to check in the display settings if display scaling (Scale and layout section, Change the size of text, apps and other items")  is set to anything larger than 100% (often 125% is used), as it scales the text size and sometimes causing it not to fit within dialog boxes depending on the program. Set it back to 100% to see if that helps.

Also check if the resolution of the monitor is set properly, i.e. to its native resolution and not the laptop screen's resolution as that could cause issues too, also depending on software used.

Edited by Art V
  • Like 1

Are you duplicating your laptop screen to the monitor? If yes then the laptop screen is the driving factor for the resolution etc.

Then try setting the display to extend display in the Multiple Monitors section so that the laptop screen and external monitor can have separate settings and then adjust the display settings as mentioned above.

If it is already set to extend display, did you adjust the display settings on the external monitor as well?

(I assume you probably know about this, but just in case you don't I do ask anyway as very occasionally I come across people who are not aware of this).

Thank you very much for your responses Art V. I appreciate you reminding/ teaching me things about computers, hehe. 

I'm changing from working on a laptop to a desktop with a new bigger screen. I read in another forum that this "floating data bar" is like this because of the vectorworks version I'm using vs the screen options resolutions on new computers. The Vectorworks person on the forum said he was going to tell the creators to improve that for newer versions.

I guess I need to get used to another tool in the meantime I get a newer version. 

At least I know it's not something I did wrong. 

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Looks like the system DPI setting is scaling to 250% which might cause that, if you switch it to 150% or 200% and then reboot, then relaunch Vectorworks, does the same cutoff happen?

This is changed on Windows under Settings > System > Display and then normally its under "Change the size of text, apps" etc.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
46 minutes ago, Dianeth said:

Yes. The same cutoff happen. I tried all the scales and happens the same.

To clarify, this was after logging out and back in and then launching Vectorworks to see the size difference between each change? Or just changing the setting and then looking at Vectorworks? Windows 10 doesnt change its DPI scaling properly until you log out and back in completely.