Adding Soft Goods!!

1 hour ago, ERik Smith said:

Hello all....I am using Spotlight 2018 and am trying to add backdrops to my rendering.  I'm trying to use the "soft goods" and can't quite figure it out....any help?? Thanks!!

Hello Erik:

The softgoods tool is relatively straight forward, in that in it's essence one clicks the 'softgoods' tool, then draws a poly line to denote the direction and length of the goods, then double click to accept those basic parameters and proceed to edit the goods further in the OIP. If you can explain in some detail what you're trying to accomplish beyond that, I'm sure you'll find much assistance here.

Edited by mjm

Drawing in 3D views can be very tricky, that's partly why VW is so good. You can draw in 2D and get all the 3D stuff as well.

Switch to 'Top/Plan' view, draw your curtain (double click to end the polyline), go back to orthogonal. From there you can select the curtain and change all the other settings so it does what you need.

Also get into some of the basic training stuff. Videos and step by step tutorials will get you going ASAP.