Cant find Clip Tool on VWX 2018 (German version)

Hi there, I am really struggling to find the 'Clip tool' which looks like a pink & blue eraser..its usually in my Basics palette on VWX 2016, but just moved over to VWX 2018 (And in German, which im still learning) Have tried to find it by searching the german word for clip tool but cant find! Any tips? Thanks so much..

http://vectorworks-hilfe.computerworks.eu/2017/#t=VW_2017_Handbuch_Vectorworks%2F24_VW_WerkzBef_S%2FVectorworks_6-.htm%23XREF_53056_Schneiden_0

schneiden.png Werkzeugpalette „Konstruktion“ > Unterwerkzeug von „Wegschneiden“ (Umschalttaste_2400039.png S)

Tool Palette "Konstruktion" > Sub Tool under "Wegschneiden" (cut off)

Maybe you migrated your Workspace from 2016 ?

Then it may be necessary to re-add that and other tools back into your modified Workspace.

Edited by zoomer

It's usually at the bottom of the basics palette.  You may just need to scroll the pallet down.

The default keyboard short cut is Option-C on a Mac / Alt-C on a PC.

To really find out what it's called in German and where it is you can go to Tools > Workspaces > Edit Current Workspace > Tool Tab > Open "Basic" > Open "View Draw" and look for the pink and blue eraser.  For me it's near the very bottom of the list.  If you want to, you can reposition it on the list to make it easier to find.

Thanks for quick reply. Ive just done exactly what you have said but the symbol is just not there in my Basics palette at all (went to double check by going through your exact instructions). No pinnk & Blue eraser tool symbol anywhere - not even at the very bottom! Any other thoughts? :/ Thank you!

schneiden.png Werkzeugpalette „Konstruktion“ > Unterwerkzeug von „Wegschneiden“ (Umschalttaste_2400039.png S)

Tool Palette "Konstruktion" > Sub Tool under "Wegschneiden" (cut off)

>> click and hold "Wegschneiden" to make the Tool drop out.

Better sort both tools beside each other in your custom workspace to make both visible all the time.

Edited by zoomer
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It may also be embedded under other tools. Any tool with the small black triangle at the bottom can be clicked and held on in order to show whats stacked underneath:

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.37.32 AM.png

If you still don't see it, you may just need to add it to your workspace via the workspace editor. Tools > Workspaces > Edit the Current Workspace.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.38.55 AM.png