crop visible

What does the "crop visible" checkbox in the OIP of a VP do ?

Help sais: " If the viewport has been cropped, select to display the crop object "-  it's a bit confusing: Which crop object and where and when is it displayed ? Of course I expect the VP crop to be displayed  on my sheet layer in any case, otherwise I wouldn't have cropped it ...

Maybe someone here who can explain that in simple words for dummies like me ?  ;)

I suspect that you don't have crop on your viewport.

If you right click on a viewport from the context menu you can edit crop. You can draw a rectangle or polygon around your view to crop it. When you exit the crop view you can choose to see the crop object or not from the check box in the oip.

3 hours ago, halfcouple said:

Ah ! got it, its only the visibility of the "crop-frame" .... thought it was something more complicated...

Thanks  :)

What might be easier is to create a "viewport" class with none for line and none for fill and have that automatically applied. When you create a new viewport make sure that the viewport class is active and you will have viewports without a visible boundary. Or change existing viewports to that class and answer yes to the question if class properties should be applied. (I do name that class "viewport" or "vport" for AutoCAD users.)

This saves you from having to use the OIP for the crop frame visibility.

Edited by Art V