Cannot manipulate multiple view pane

RJDG

Question

I love the new multiple view pane feature. it really is great. 

Today I was trying to reconfigure three view panes, and tried to close 2 of the 3 active view panes. I could close one of them, then noting happened when I tried to close the second one. Also, the margin that was appearing between the panes disappeared. 

Any insight would be great! This is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I missed some protocol.

I am using. 

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Running High Sierra

5 answers to this question

Thank You Kevin,

As it says in my title, I am a greenhorn, so Ill ask this:

Would  this issue  you speak of, file specific, or global on any VW file I am working on? For example, the Multi View Panes were working for a while on the model I am making then stopped working. After I posted this last night, I opened up a blank template and the Multi View Pane was working well, but there was nothing really happening in the file. SO as a file size grows, more memory to render that particular file, using more resources that are taken away from the program performing as it should?

Thanks again

Randy

1 hour ago, RJDG said:

Thank You Kevin,

As it says in my title, I am a greenhorn, so Ill ask this:

Would  this issue  you speak of, file specific, or global on any VW file I am working on? For example, the Multi View Panes were working for a while on the model I am making then stopped working. After I posted this last night, I opened up a blank template and the Multi View Pane was working well, but there was nothing really happening in the file. SO as a file size grows, more memory to render that particular file, using more resources that are taken away from the program performing as it should?

Thanks again

Randy

If its related to VRAM then it would be dependent on a variety of factors - complexity of model, number of panes open, whether the panes share layer/class settings, rendering modes of the panes etc.. My system has only 1GB of VRAM so as my models get more complex I can start to see display issues during long working sessions. I believe each pane is treated as a separate "display" of sorts, so the Vectorworks Graphics Module may load your model into memory separately for each pane. Someone else may be able to give you a more technical answer.

Kevin