Extrude along path not visible in Design Layer

Guest RMcK

I have a number of extrude along paths that are only visible in my sheet layer viewports, and not visible in the design layers.

This makes editing them or deleting them impossible.

Any ideas?

Couple ideas:

Design Layer/drawing class settings have the EAP classes switched off.  Viewports have them switched on. This could be because a Saved View was invoked and therefore changed the design layer class & layer visibilities.

Vectorworks Prefs>Display>Navigation Graphics needs adjust to Best Compatibility.

The EAPs are not on active design layer and their layer is invisible or layer visibility is set to Active Only. AND, the VPs have the EAP layers set to visible.

Class settings are almost always responsible for or involved in visibility problems.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
saved view
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Benson Shaw said:

Class settings are almost always responsible for or involved in visibility problems.

Good advice Benson. Good and clean control over classes can make or break a project and the way its presented.

It's worth time spent on a class 'regime' as it is on setting out layers and VP's.

@RMcK -  Dang. Hoped it would be easy fix!

Can you select one of the EAPs? Copy/Paste in place into a new blank file and see how it reacts. Also try moving EAP to 0,0,0.

Post the new file here, too.

More things to check:

•Render state? Try wire frame & OGL (with Edges enabled)

EAP fill - test with a solid color. EAP line - test with a solid line.

•Distance from drawing origin -  If EAP is far from origin, weird stuff can happen.

What's your vwx version, OS & hardware? Please make a signature to show in your posts

-B

• 1 month later...

I am currently experiencing the same thing. 

This is a really bad problem/bug. I imported some EAPs from another model and they at first show up in design layers, but after navigating between different views they disappear and cannot be found. BUT, they do show up in section/elevation viewport. BUT promptly disappear when I enter the design layer of the viewport or select the new 2018 function of edit Section-In-Place. 

I managed to have them show up briefly when I tried to delete the class they were on and merged them with the "none" class. But now they are gone again.

• 2 years later...