Automated Stair Drawings

Tom Klaber

Question

VW seems to should be able to auto-produce exactly what I need for my stair filing pages.  I need a plan view - with the risers counted, walk line and nosing indicated, everything dimensioned, then I need a section diagram showing the rise run (which you show in the preview mode of the stair settings).  It would be great if I could click on a stair and there was a command to produce stair drawings where it auto created those viewports.  I would be OK if they were not linked to the stair and I had to reproduce if things changed - obviously linked would be way better.

BUT the thing is now - since the stair in the model is the stair in the plans - I have stair breaks settings turned on so when I need to see the full run to create my stair sheet - I need to make copies of the stairs - then change all the visibility settings, then ungroup them so they are lines (because if I move them from the layer they are on they stop working) - then manually dimension them.  

Seems like VW has all it needs in the background - somebody just needs to teach it to spit it out in some useful form.

59ef3da2ae9e8_stairinfo.JPG.c13193a9285abcfd1886c46d8a3ba978.JPG

1 answer to this question