Problems with Minimizing files in Mac OS 10.3.3, VW 10.5.1

If I minimize a VW file by clicking on the yellow button, I often can't work on it again when I maximize it later on. I can't click on it at all. I have to close the file and reopen it before I can work on it again. It seems to be related to how long I leave the file minimized, but I could be imagining this. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen the majority of the time and I can't seem to find any difference between when it does and doesn't happen. I am not having this problem with any of my other applications, so I suspect it's a VW issue. I did not have this problem when I was working with VW 10.5.1 on OS 9.2.2. Any help? I usually have several drawings open at once and this is really slowing me down.

I have this problem as well!! When I have opened a new file and try to start working on it VW 10 is still working on the file behind. I minimize both windows to try to get it to work on the one that I want it to and then when I close that one and click on the former drawing from the dock VW10 does not recognize that i am working on the file and once i click fit to window it "unexpectedly crashes" (I'm expecting it though!) I have done all of the user permissions etc on my hard drive. Is this a bug that has been fixed in 11? Also why are the file sizes in 10 twice as large as the same drawing in 9?

Thanks

Katie, thanks, but really this is a pretty major bug (not a wish list item) that should be fixed. I certainly don't have it in my budget to upgrade to VW11 anytime in the near future, and expect to be able to use VW10 in OSX in a way that is pretty fundamental to a Mac platform. (minimizing folders may be slightly different visually in OSX, but it has always been a concept that was available to all Mac Applications).

This happens to me all the time and the easiest way I found to get around it is to have the window you are trying to work in on the desktop then "Hid Vectorworks" from the pulldown menu. Using the hot keys makes it faster and you shouldn't have to close and reopen the file.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Sofia.

This is a bug that really should be fixed in version 10 rather than as part of a paid upgrade. Version 11 may be swallowing all development resources now, but that should not penalise someone who paid for version 10 not so long ago...