How to change wall component texture in different viewports

I have a building model for which I've created multiple viewports on a separate design layer. I would like to modify the brick texture for each viewport. I've tried setting textures both by component and object by class then changing the texture for the wall or component in the viewport class settings without successs. Any ideas?

Thanks, tried that, didn't change the texture but maybe I'm missing something. On base design layer, wall textures are set to a class texture (I tried walls as components and objects). On composite design layer, changing different viewports class settings has no effect. BTW the design viewports on the composite layer don't have a button for override class settings, just use current document which I've unchecked..

You can change the settings of the classes for each viewport individually.

• activate the viewport
  • in the oip go to class settings
  • double click on the class
  • change the class texture

If you have the texture by object you have to change the wall 'texture' of the class. If you have the texture set by component you have to change the 'others' texture of the class.

21 hours ago, Allen Brown said:

Thanks, tried that, didn't change the texture but maybe I'm missing something. On base design layer, wall textures are set to a class texture (I tried walls as components and objects). On composite design layer, changing different viewports class settings has no effect. BTW the design viewports on the composite layer don't have a button for override class settings, just use current document which I've unchecked..

There is an additional setting in the class overrides for a viewport to control whether design layer viewports retain their class override settings or can take the class override of the viewport. You may want to try if that makes a difference.

In case anyone would like to help with this, here's a simplified file with two walls, one set to texture by object and the other by component. Then two viewports from the base layer are created on the composite layer. I've set the textures for component and wall object to different textures with no change from the document settings. I'm sure I'm missing something.. 

walls.vwx

10 minutes ago, Art V said:

There is an additional setting in the class overrides for a viewport to control whether design layer viewports retain their class override settings or can take the class override of the viewport. You may want to try if that makes a difference.

Art, here are screenshots of class settings for viewports on a design layer and a sheet layer, they're difference. No class override setting when on design layer. On the sheet layer, the class override works..

viewports on design layer.png

viewports on sheet layer.png

36 minutes ago, Art V said:

If you change the component-ext finish-brick class texture through the sheet layer viewport class override as well it should update to the new texture.

Do make sure you update both the components texture on the top left as well as the wall textures left/center/right.

29 minutes ago, Art V said:

Just tried, but the class overrides for the design layer viewport don't seem to work here either. They do work for sheet layer viewports.

That’s what I discovered, works on a sheet layer but not on a design layer. 

10 minutes ago, Allen Brown said:

That’s what I discovered, works on a sheet layer but not on a design layer. 

Not sure if this is intended by design or a bug.

If viewport overrides should not work on design layer viewports then they should not be available through the OIP.

If class overrides should work for design layer viewports but don't then it is a bug.

I suggest you file this as a bug with VW tech support.

1 hour ago, Art V said:

Not sure if this is intended by design or a bug.

If viewport overrides should not work on design layer viewports then they should not be available through the OIP.

If class overrides should work for design layer viewports but don't then it is a bug.

I suggest you file this as a bug with VW tech support.

I agree, no point in allowing class selection if it doesn't change the setting. Never done it but will try to submit as a bug. Thanks for your help!