Mansard Roof

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
  1. Create a Roof object
  2. In Top/plan view, draw a rectangle over the roof for the flat area
  3. Select the Roof and the rectangle
  4. Use the Clip Surface command from the Modify menu
  5. Fill in the hole as needed (with a slab, low pitched roof, parapet walls, etc)...

1. 59ea0ecb6c18b_ScreenShot2017-10-20at10_57_05AM.png.73a41d3ea09624b14882742458f312fe.png

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

Hello Matt

How do you connect the slab with the roof, so that the various components are connected right in section? Also, if the roof goes over 2 floors, how do you connect it with walls on both floors? I know that there is the option of breaking the roof in 2 floors but this creates problems with the hatches in section.

Thank you in advance

Virginia

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/28/2020 at 5:48 AM, Virginia Malami said:

Hello Matt

How do you connect the slab with the roof, so that the various components are connected right in section? Also, if the roof goes over 2 floors, how do you connect it with walls on both floors? I know that there is the option of breaking the roof in 2 floors but this creates problems with the hatches in section.

Thank you in advance

Virginia

Hi Virginia,

Can you attach a simple file with what you're trying to achieve?

Hello Matt and thank you for your reply.

Attached you can find an image with the questions on it. After all, I broke the roof into 2 floors, in order to be able to connect them with elements on every floor. Excuse any technical mistakes on the plan - I am still new in construction! Also, I work with the german version, so maybe the terms I am using are not same as the ones of the english version.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-29 um 22.53.34.png