Sketch render in 2018

mike-h

Has anyone had issues with sketch rendering in VW2018? I currently (since update) seem to get a wireframe type sketch view rather than a hidden line. I have just drawn a cuboid in a fresh file and that has the same problem - see screenshot showing settings. Have I forgotten something obvious?!

Mike

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.04.30.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

With your viewport selected, set the background render mode to Hidden Line and then in the line render options, enable the sketching you want, otherwise the object will show as sketched wireframe.

Also: The object seemed to have a class fill of None, but I may have corrected that before I messed with the renderworks mode.

Thanks Jim - that worked for you did it? I have done as suggested including altering the class of the object, but still have the same problem - see v1 file attached. This issue arose with a more complex file - see screenshot attached, where background is hidden line and foreground is sketch, viewport is up to date but still wireframe-sketch. Lots of different class properties on all the objects, but they all have a fill (if I go to purely hidden line it works fine - as it does on the test file).

Sketch_render_test_v1.vwx

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 14.34.31.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hidden Line for the background render, nothing for the foreground render. Background Render Settings on the Hidden Line render is where youd want to enable the desired sketch option. However if it still does not work after that, get that file to tech@vectorworks.net and they can take a closer look..

Ahaaa! Am I imagining it or was this all within the sketch setting under previous versions? Just for clarity, for anyone reading in the future, the sketch setting is a subsetting of Hidden Line (check 'sketch hidden line results', whereas (I believe) it used to be under the Sketch settings. If that makes sense!

Thanks Jim.