Can no longer add title blocks 2018 SP1

Camden

Question

Hey all,

Like many people, I have had issues transitioning my title blocks over from a previous version of Vectorworks.  I finally had a work around until I installed SP1 the other day.  Now I cant add any title block, let along my own.

Now if I add a Title Block Border, choose unstyled, then import my wanted title block graphic, it shows it correctly in the preview window, but then as soon as I click OK nothing happens.  I can go back into the title block border settings and its missing again in the preview.  Thinking it was an issue with my custom title block, tried it with some of the standard blocks... same issue.

At the moment my only work around is just copy / paste from previous drawings done pre SP1...  Anyone else having this same issue?

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's far better to use the conversion process provided that start from scratch, IMO.  Then make any minor graphical adjustments needed (if any) and then copy the style symbol to a new file. Repeat for all your different title blocks, then put the file where you've collected your style symbols into the appropriate subfolder in the Object Styles folder in the Resource Manager. 

The second thing to learn is to get friendly with the "Edit Plug-in Style" when you want to make changes to your TBB.