Symbols Worksheet

Patrick Thompson

Question

3 answers to this question

Nothing has disappeared. Moved around a little bit, but not deleted.

Create a new worksheet from the Resource Manager.

Right Click in the Row Header for any Row and choose Create Report.

Set the Basic Criteria to Symbol.

Hover over the bottom right corner of the worksheet. The cursor will change to an L looking thing. Click and drag to add as many columns as you need.

Type the formulas you need into each column of the database header row (ie. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc).

I suggest setting columns with the following formulas as a starting point  =T  (shows the object type)  =SymbolName  (displays the symbol name) =Count (gives then count of objected displayed in that row.

Click on the disclosure triangle in the Database Header row for the column that has the =SymbolName formula. Click the Summarize Items check box. This will then "compress' the items so there is one subrow for each symbol name in the drawing and the =Count column will have the number of that symbol in the drawing.

Let us know if you need more help.

99% of worksheets is the same. A few things have moved as Pat mentions. What did you used to do? Maybe we can help you find where it moved to.

I find it best to have saved worksheets in my resources, in fact I have a file that is just those. It avoids having to set up new stuff from scratch.