Navigation into other applications initiated in Vectorworks

AHDesign1

Question

I'm wanting to navigate to a specific set of entries within a FilemakerPro (v16 Advanced) database from a Vectorworks (v2018, Mac OS 10.11.6) model layer.  I've been playing with the hyperlink capabilities which easily gets me into the FilemakerPro application and/or will open a specific FilemakerPro database.  But that's as far as I can get;  the stock hyperlink capabilities don't allow additional information to be passed between applications that would allow for further tailoring of the database record set.  Anybody have any suggestions as to how one could achieve this?  The quantity of data in the FilemakerPro database is substantial so quickly/automatically paring it down per a search criteria would make it more readily available.   Is there a way to script data capture to the clipboard as a transfer device?  Or would records and worksheets provide info access that could be captured and transferred?  Maybe there's a way to employ an ODBC relationship that could be made to work?  Other methods?

Any help getting pointed in the right direction will be appreciated,

AHDesign1

2 answers to this question

An interesting thought although I'd need to establish a large number of URLs to cover the number of database searches I'm envisioning.  I could do the same by creating a large number of database files each with a specific search hardwired.  I was hoping to avoid this with the ability to pass a single piece of information from Vectorworks into Filemaker so a single Filemaker data base could call up targeted info from the larger database.  Not impossible but less elegant than I'm hoping.

Thanks, though, for your brainstorming.  I hadn't considered that yet and it is one of the few things hardwired into the hyperlink tool. I'll look into it further to make sure I'm not missing something.

AHDesign1