2018 some DLVP sections disappear when I zoom/pan

TimG

Question

new small project / file in VW 2018... 

some DLVP sections disappear when I zoom/pan... others don't. I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting somewhere or any ideas on something I could have changed on the disappearing section DLVP that I'm not doing on the others that are staying as they should. It is a small project

I've trimmed down the file I'm having issues with hoping someone else can test it and see if it disappears with them too (not a local install issue)... when open you should see section A, B. and C. On my machine when I zoom / pan section A and B disappear until I select them knowing their general location and re-update... but they will disappear again as soon as I zoom/pan. 

sect_issues.vwx

5 answers to this question

an update... I installed 2018 on a different machine and it still does the same thing... shrugging and continuing to work on the file... its all of a sudden working as intended and it seems to stick now zooming and panning... weird.

Only thing I can think that I did was edit one of the DLVP class overrides in one of the DLVP (section A)... both A and B are working now though... if anyone has some time I'd be interested in hearing if its something with the file and they can replicate the disappearing in the attached file above.

Hello TimG,

I opened your file on a 2013 27" iMac (i7, 16GB, NVIDIA GTX 780M) and experienced the same zooming problem. I then went into System Preferences > Display > Navigation Graphics and selected  "Good Performance and Compatibility" in lieu of the previously selected "Best Performance". Now DSVP sections behaved correctly when zooming in. Hope this helps.

Bob

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I tracked this down to the viewport having the "NonPlot" class invisible. Apparently the viewport's section cache is stored in a group belonging to that class.

I will open a bug and look into it soon.