Workspace window sizing not being stored

jweston

Question

Is anyone else having issues where the work space windows keep re sizing? I have attached two pictures to explain what is happening. The correct picture is how I have it set, and then I go to edit workspaces, hit okay and come out and then it changes to something different.

Am I not saving the space information correctly?

They are staying ordered correctly but its almost as it its not keeping some of the position data for the windows on the side panel...

Cheers!

Correct.PNG

Not Correct.PNG

14 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, jweston said:

Has anyone else run into this issue? Should the bug have been sorted by now or is it still a persistent issue?

Thanks!

Still happening for me on some machines as well. It seems to happen most often if a monitor is disconnected, or if a display goes to sleep while Vectorworks is running. The Attributes palette seems to give me the most trouble when its docked to an edge or to any other palette than Snapping.

They have not narrowed down the cause yet, but many of the palettes are in the process of being rebuilt/refactored (to fix things like the Snapping palette behaving differently than all other palettes for instance) and that may all have to be completed before this stops happening.

Adding my "me too" to this thread - I've now had it happen on two different machines running VW2018 SP2, and a fresh install on the latest one, without even running any Migration Manager or anything else that may have brought in some old settings. 

Simply going into 'Edit Workspace' and then back out of it is enough to reset the 'Basic' and 'Tool Sets' to their default sizes, rather than where I've last dragged them.

And, of course, restarting the program does it as well. Something's broken....

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2018-01-24 at 7:59 AM, JimW said:

They have not narrowed down the cause yet, but many of the palettes are in the process of being rebuilt/refactored (to fix things like the Snapping palette behaving differently than all other palettes for instance) and that may all have to be completed before this stops happening.

If you’re still seeing the issue in SP3, then what @JimW described above hasn’t occurred yet. But if their software engineers are aware of the issue then they are working on it. Sometimes fixes require more diagnosis and repair work than can be done from one Service Pack to the next.

As a side note, you can always check the list of what’s been fixed/adjusted for each Service Pack. On the individual SP webpage, look for the line “To learn more about the fixes and improvements in the 2018 SP3 updater, please visit this page” as it has a link to the list.

FYI, more than two years later and two new versions of the software, this is still the same bug as always.  Saving palette positions does not work.  Two monitors confuses Vectorworks.  Every time I open VW, I have to manually relocate all of the palettes.  Any crash of VW will reset the palettes back to default, bringing up saved workspace does nothing to fix it in either case.  

• Like 1