VW 11/Mac G5 Slowdown

Has anyone else experienced a substantial slowdown on Macintosh when upgrading from 10.5 to 11. I'm running a Dual G5 2GHz box with 1GB RAM and OS 10.3.3 and just upgraded my Vectorworks/Renderworks package from 10.5 to 11. I've noticed that 2D render times are much slower, it takes nearly twice as long to open complex documents, and my 3D render times have jumped from an average of about 2 minutes per to as much as 10-12 minutes per rendering for the same document. What gives?

I've tried using the hardware acceleration built into VW 11, but it only seems to slow the process more. I've actually done side-by-side comparissons(VW10 vs. VW11), closed all applications running in the background, restarted the machine . . . none of this seems to make any difference. Is anyone else out there going through the same thing? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Two questions -

1. Have you run Disk First Aid since you installed VW 11?

2. Do you have Open GL Hardware Acceleration and VectorCashing checked in VW Preferences? (File>Preferences>VW Prefs - Display tab)

I've run DFA to repair permissions. It's become common practice around here after installing any new piece of software.

I do have Open GL Hardware Acceleration and VectorCaching checked in preferences. Those were two of the features I was anxious to try with this current upgrade.

Turning those off did help the wireframe renders, but RenderWorks renders are still very slow.

I should also correct one of my machine specs. I'm running with 1.5 GB RAM instead of 1 GB RAM.

Shouldn't the OpenGL Hardware Acceleration option help speed things along when using RenderWorks, especially on a Mac?

[ 05-26-2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Insightreg ]

No, the Open GL Hardware Acceleration is only for 2d, thus not including rendering settings.

Slowness in RenderWorks from a previous version can be dependent on alot of different things.

You might be using a different rendering setting, the detail may be set to higher than before, or many different things.

Over all, render works settings haven't slown down any.

Can you do a speed test using the same detail settings and renderworks rendering settings to see what the exact differences are?

Please email the information to me along with the file in question.