2018 bug Rotated Plan View - No OpenGL

Hello lgoodkind,

I just tested it with SP1 from a blank file with two panes, one is top/plan with rotated plan and the other is perspective view.

I'm able to turn that perspective view into OpenGL rendering.

Could you describe more about the problem you are seeing?

Thanks!!

Chih-Pin

Edited by Chih-Pin

Chih-Pin,

I have a rotated plan view in the left pane.  I have a perspective view in the right pane.  In the right pane I am not unable to select 'OpenGL' from the rendermode dropdown or 'view->rendering->openGL' menu.  As you can see from the attached screenshots there are, oddly, rulers displaying in the perspective window pane.  When I change the left pane to a non-rotated plan view I can render in openGL just fine.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-16_at_12_13.43_PM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017-10-16_at_12_14.04_PM.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 minutes ago, lgoodkind said:

I have a rotated plan view in the left pane.  I have a perspective view in the right pane.  In the right pane I am not unable to select 'OpenGL' from the rendermode dropdown or 'view->rendering->openGL' menu.  As you can see from the attached screenshots there are, oddly, rulers displaying in the perspective window pane.  When I change the left pane to a non-rotated plan view I can render in openGL just fine.

This is in Service Pack 1 of 2018, not SP0? I am not able to replicate this here either in SP1. Also, what OS are you using?

(It would be wise to place your current VW and Os info in your signature for future troubleshooting.)