writing pdfs

was

I want to make quality Acrobat pdf files of VW drawings that have transperant overlays to layers. Using a postscript driver to write the pdf does not work nor does distilling a postscript file (objects below are obscurred by filled polygons). Any suggestions?

Trasparent layers are not supported by post script, which is why you cannot get transparency to go thru.

The PDF generates the file via post script.

I don't know of a way around printing to PDF with transparent layers.

I missed the trasnparent overlay layers comment in the first message.

There are other PDF writers out there which you can download off the internet that are more image based rather than true PDF files. I don't know alot about any of those applications. Some research with their creators can help find out if you can write transparency to any of the PDF writers.

[ 02-04-2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Would be poosible for the image export function to be more refined to allow raster image writing to pdf with high level of control over image size & resolution. When I export an image file, VectorWorks writes a file that covers the whole drawing rather than the print window. This is unsatisfactory as often drawing bases are much larger than the print window and there is alot of editing time required to clip them back.