Enrique Carmona

convert vwx to dwg

We are getting more and more requests to convert old VW files to other formats.  It's pretty cool that VW can import .dwg, .skp, revit, and export to .dwg, .stl, etc.  And it's clear that there are more projects started in VW that are now reaching the age that they are being renovated by architects and designers using other software.  I expect that the rate of request will keep increasing.

We should probably write up some guidelines or FAQs for people who need files converted.  VW layers and classes work a little differently from AutoCad, for example.

Also, since about half of VW users are not using Windows, compressing files with a Windows compression format cuts down potential responses to conversion requests.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@michaelk from my perspective such guidelines would be very helpful. I am a sole practitioner and planning retirement in about a year with 20 years of VW files that I would like to archive/convert to .dwg. This will allow clients the maximum ease and flexibility in how they use the files in the future. 

Edited by RGyori
clarity

Simon,

I opened your file in VW 2014 and exported from there. I hope all of the pieces made it through. It looked pretty good when viewed in eDrawings, but check it carefully if you can. If you need a PDF to compare it to, just ask.

30710-A- Topographic Survey-Dwyer v2014.zip

Raymond