Enrique Carmona

convert vwx to dwg

If you use the File>Export>DWG then you can select the AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006 as dwg format from the export dialog.

Attached is an AutoCAD 2018 dwg version. Please do keep in mind that AutoCAD LT cannot edit (or create) 3D solids or meshes, it can view them though. The only 3D things it can edit/create are lines and polylines/polygons.

The drawing appears to be a Spotlight drawing, which I don't have, so I can't guarantee that all information that may be attached to objects is properly transferred.

v1.dwg

I am no longer a student and have thus lost my institutional access to Vectorworks. 

If someone could convert the attached file to .dwg it would be most appreciated.

5_15.vwx

15 hours ago, johnhuson said:

@michaelk That's bizarre, the file I uploaded was about 3Mb.

I've re-attached with it enclosed in a ZIP file, hopefully it will work this time.

VL2600_Vectorworks_v2017.zip

Depending on how you export you get a 2D or a 3D dwg file. Bot are attached as dwg 2013 files (i.e. you need AutoCAD 2013 or higher to open these DWG files, or another program that can open DWG 2013)

VL2600_Vectorworks_v2017_2D.dwg

VL2600_Vectorworks_v2017_3D.dwg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jentrifle said:

Hello,

Would anyone be able to convert the attached file to .dwg for me please?

Many thanks in advance!!!

EXISTING DRAWINGS_John Noel.vwx

Attached are two versions, one with a single dwg file  as result and one where the design layers were saved as separate dwg files (so you will have to put them together through xrefs if you want to keep the layers the same as in VW.)

The DWG files can be opened with AutoCAD 2013 or newer (or compatible dwg software).

EXISTING DRAWINGS_John Noel.zip

EXISTING DRAWINGS_John Noel dwg per layer.zip

• Like 1