Problem with creating new class visibilities on a design layer and existing viewport

Hi all,

At the moment, I am adding new details to a document drawn by another person, where I am adding new classes. I need these classes to be visible in an existing viewport, but they are not visible everytime I return to it. Each time I move away from the design layer, they are are turning themselves off in the design rather than as a viewport visibility (where they remain on). In the past I would simply recreate the viewport to rectify this, but this viewport has several embedded viewports which I don't want to change. If there is a simpler way to solve this any help would be most appreciated!

Thank you

Ellen

V18 on MacOS sierra 10.12.6

If you go to the Organization panel (Tools>Organization) and then the viewports tab and in the top right corner select visibilities then you can quickly adjust visibility of your added classes in one go for multiple viewports. You can select multiple viewports and then switch on/off the classes and design layers for all those viewports.

Or you do this through the classes tab and the same procedure in reverse, select multiple classes and then turn visibility on/off for the various viewports in the viewports column.

The same applies to design layers.

Regarding the layer turning off, you may want to check if the layer visibility is set to off. If that layer is also the active layer then it will show but when you leave that layer it will lose its visibility when it is set to off.

PS I assume that when creating a new class you have the "viewport visibility for new classes" in the new class/class edit dialog set to visible when creating a new class.

Edited by Art V