Japanese font Issue

Hi, I have just installed the japanese version of VW but unfortunately my computer can't read the font very well which make all the tools name display with weird symbols. I've try to download many Japanese font but it still not working,  i want to know what kind of font apply in VW japanese version so i can find it or some way to help me fix this

vw problem.pdf

Edited by Nguyen Duc
  • 1 month later...

So. I found a solution that will probaly work for most. 

The main issue is that VectorWorks isnt Unicode (why??? VW). So you have to set the language for non-unicode programs to (in this case) Japanese. 

Vectorworks is the only non-unicode program I have, so keeping the language setting on Japanese isnt a problem for me.

But if you have other non-unicode programs in other languages, you will have too change language everytime you change program -.-`

Follow the yellow in the picture.

uni.JPG

5 minutes ago, Hans-Olav said:

VW 2018 is unicode 

Looks from, @Nguyen Duc's PDF, that its 2017 Designer has the problem and looks like @Randiis on 2011?

Not sure of your 'acquisition route' for VW, but wouldn't you have thought that the authorised distributor/seller would have this 'localisation' issue covered?

Given VW isn't a 'box off shelf' purchase, it looks like poor pre-sales support from someone who should have enquired about your needs. (Assuming your PCs meet at least the minimum guided by http://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2011  or  http://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2017)

And - it would be good if VW Inc could perhaps help you by jumping in on this. @JimWcan you offer?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

Looks from, @Nguyen Duc's PDF, that its 2017 Designer has the problem and looks like @Randiis on 2011?

Not sure of your 'acquisition route' for VW, but wouldn't you have thought that the authorised distributor/seller would have this 'localisation' issue covered?

Given VW isn't a 'box off shelf' purchase, it looks like poor pre-sales support from someone who should have enquired about your needs. (Assuming your PCs meet at least the minimum guided by http://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2011  or  http://www.vectorworks.net/sysreq?version=2017)

And - it would be good if VW Inc could perhaps help you by jumping in on this. @JimWcan you offer?

I do not know enough about the situation to make a definitive statement, but if the machine they were running on was set to Japanese and they installed the Japanese localized version, the large majority of standard Japanese fonts would work as long as they were a supported format, which I believe was TrueType. The issue would normally arise when an english version was installed on an OS set to Japanese or vice versa. Until 2018 there was no way around this other than an OS language switch.

12 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

I work at a small office in Japan, hence the japanese licence. My laptop's hardware is better than the computers at the office, so I installed one of their old licenses(2011) and encountered the problem. 

It is nice to hear the 2018 version has unicode, unfortunately  i don't have the money for that at the moment.