This thread got me thinking.  We have a whole library of 3d model mounts.  Without getting into to much detail these mounts are designed to hold certain loads.  We use these in our drawings.  Then we have our PE go into  RiSA 3D and model the same mount independently.  I just wondered if there was any way to export a 3D model to SCIA, for analysis?  

On 10/11/2017 at 6:47 PM, HEengineering said:

This thread got me thinking.  We have a whole library of 3d model mounts.  Without getting into to much detail these mounts are designed to hold certain loads.  We use these in our drawings.  Then we have our PE go into  RiSA 3D and model the same mount independently.  I just wondered if there was any way to export a 3D model to SCIA, for analysis?  

Last year I attended the local user conference organized by the distributor over here and there was a presentation in which they showed how to get the VW items into SCIA for structural analysis. (Or it could have been the user conference of two years ago where they showed it). So I would think it should be possible to get the information into SCIA but it may be only for the Architect or Designer version.  Someone from Vectorworks should be able to give a more definitive answer. @JimWmight be able to tell.

Edit: just read the topic and it seems to use IFC for information exchange, but still would like to hear more details about which VW versions can use this etc.

Edited by Art V