VW2018 Truss tool problems

I'm currently demoing VW 2018 

When using the Insert truss tool, horizontal trusses are fine.  If I insert a vertical truss (symbol - Truss Vert Prolyte H30D) the truss inserts as horizontal despite the cross showing the loci at the end of the truss being in the right place.  I can connect further vertical trusses using the truss tool but they all show as horizontal.

Am I doing something really stupid or is this another tool that is perhaps not up to scratch yet (seating layout anyone?)

Picture attached 

Untitled4.jpg

And here showing a different corner with horizontal symbol inserted onto vertical face.  The truss is the correct height but the wrong rotation.  Is this a problem with the Prolyte symbols?  I have a demo of braceworks booked but to be honest it's already looking very much like a $5000 white elephant

Corner 2.JPG

nope - the 2016 symbols also have the same tags.

I can use the symbol insertion too but it removes the 'double click & drop' functionality.  Unless there is a way to prevent the truss tag selecting the insert truss tool automatically.

I think an email to vectorworks is in order, whilst braceworks is a fantastic tool,  to half build the functionality into a full S/W release is just strange.  Vectorworks should either HAVE braceworks in it's entirety or NOT HAVE it in it's entirety rather than some crazy half way house.  In effect you are being penalised for not spending an extra £5000.

Guest Beckstorm

I don't believe there is a way to do that.  Just and FYI the insert truss tool is part of spotlight,  Braceworks is just the calculation commands and report functionality. 

Mike

On 10/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Mike Wright said:

So the insert truss tool is just poorly implemented then which has been exacerbated by forcing the libraries to be compatible with an optional and expensive plugin.

I despair! 

Mike, not sure if you are looking to just add Vertical Truss (any Truss for that matter) or if you need it to actually connect and calculate but I am experiencing a similar issue and have been inserting my Truss via the Lighting Instrument Tool. Just so that it inserts a symbol that is free of all the Spotlight Truss settings.. of course now all my Truss is classified as a Lighting Device but I can live with that.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 8.20.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 8.21.23 PM.png