VW11 Viewports

Can the scale of viewports be locked, similart to ACAD so that when zooming in and out the scale is not lost? or has VW's implementation made this ability no longer necessary. I admit I don't understand how this works and am trying to get info before making the plunge. Also how does VW11 run under OS9.2?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by FRED JOHNSON:

Can the scale of viewports be locked, similart to ACAD so that when zooming in and out the scale is not lost? or has VW's implementation made this ability no longer necessary. I admit I don't understand how this works and am trying to get info before making the plunge. Also how does VW11 run under OS9.2?

Each viewport has an associated scale as one of its properties. This can be changed either via the object info palette or the Scale Objects menu command. Zooming in and out, either on the viewport's layer or the layers it views, will have no effect.

VW11 requires Mac OS 9.2.2 or later.

Andrew,

Thanks..that makes more sense as the main problem with ACAD viewports is that they had to be locked or else zooming (in floating model space {working directly in the viewport}) would change the scale of the viewport. But again, how is the actual performance of 11 using 9.2.2?