Dimension preferences

I have VW 11 on my PC-

I have a need to switch dimension standards in my drawings and find it cumbersome to go to File>preferences>document pref>standards.....etc...

is there a plug-in,script or other method of having a pallet that is redily accesible, that allows me to change my standard more efficiently?

If you find that you need to change dimensions after you've drawn them, you can select the dim standard from the OIP after selecting the dimensions you wish to change.

I don't know of a way to quickly change the dim standard though.

You may be able to do this with vector scripting.

thanks Katie,

I thought off scripting-but I cant figure out a way to do this ( Im not that proficient at scripting). If anyone has any input or ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone knows of a 3rd party utility??

This would be a nice feature for VW to offer in the next upgrade.

Aloha,

Dave

Aloha, Dave.

A macro utility is an easy way to do what you want, and to automate almost any other custom operation in VectorWorks or any other program.

It only takes a few seconds to set up a macro, which can then be invoked any time you want by a single keystroke or key combination. You can even make temporary macros to do one-time repetitive operations.

I use MacroExpress, 30 days free trial, then $40 to buy. It works fine with VectorWorks on any version of Windows. There are lots of others, mostly available as shareware.

To create a macro:

1. press a key combination to start recording

2. do the thing that you want automated

3. press a key combination to end recording

4. assign a shortcut key or combination to the recorded macro, give it a name if you want, and click a box to specify that it applies only to VectorWorks

Thereafter, whenever you press the shortcut key, the entire recorded sequence of keystrokes and/or mouse clicks is done instantly.