Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

New Nodes 2018

DomC

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Valve is a real boon when you try to speed up complex networks. I am using it in a current project and I think it helps speeding things up when non-executable parameters are excluded while a network is changed via the OIP. I had to reorganize my network a little bit to work less sequential. But no bother. 

• Marionette Maven
15 minutes ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

I would really like to see Master Snaps implemented for Marionette nodes. When you have a complex network and you are zoomed out all the way for a bird's eye view it can be a tad cumbersome to connect nodes. Snap Loupe is always there, of course, but still...

I want this, too. I've asked in the past, I'll ask again!

• Like 1

Since we are on a roll anyway: could we have more integrated nodes? I very often find myself subtracting and adding different numbers in the same place in a network. Currently, this means I have to delete the add node, then add the subtract node etc. I would love to have a combined "Maths" node with a simple popup menu in the OIP that allows me to change add, subtract, multiply, divide etc.

Same for "less than", "equal".... you get my drift...

(@DomChas crafted an add/subtract node which I use exclusively but if this was integrated for all users, that would be perfect)

Edited by Stephan Moenninghoff
  • Like 1

I have just added an Enhancement Request for combined nodes. (I had already logged one earlier this year for Master Snaps to appear in Marionette nodes.)

Here is my (probably very incomplete) list. If anyone wants to add to it, feel free. I can always complete it in the original VE

Combined Nodes (Choose Options via popup in OIP, rename nodes dynamically)

* Add/subtract/multiply/divide
* Pop Front/Pop Back/Pop Both
* if/Filter
* Greater than/Less than/Equal/...

* And/Or/Xor

Edited by Stephan Moenninghoff
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Marionette Maven
On 10/9/2017 at 4:56 AM, Patrick Winkler said:

thanks Dom,

I wonder why the criteria-dialog only calls a string-dlg as there is a more sophisticated dialog available.

Here is the alternative version:

59db38434421c_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-09um10_44_45.png.8d94b65734c9c2e164ad7c492ca0aa5f.png

crit_dlg_N.vwx.zip

This node will be updated soon to use this dialog and return handles to the objects that meet the criteria.