Renderworks is dead?

Bruce Kieffer

Question

24 answers to this question

Try the following:

1. Delete/Rename your user folder

MAC: Library > Application Support > Nemetschek > 2018 change it to _2018 or something else

Windows: type in %appdata% in a explorer window find that 2018 folder and do the same thing like delete or rename

The user folder will be created on startup again! Don't worry :-)

2. Change to Basic and Back to Designer > Workplaces

Hmmh,

I can render on my Mac Pro.

13" Macbook Pro do not have a discrete GPU (?)

But RW Render itself does not work by GPU at all so there is no reason why it should

not work like my Mac Pro, beside the speed - or too less RAM for your Projects.

But 16 GB should be enough.

The only reason I could imagine that you start RW Render from an OpenGL View,

as OpenGL uses GPU. And maybe the switch to RW or the geometry creation/export

from OpenGL to RW is influenced ?

Have you tried to start from a wireframe 3D View ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
41 minutes ago, Bruce Kieffer said:

I need to ask again, anyone with a MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar can you render with RW?

UPDATE!

Bruce you were closer to correct than I suspected! It's isn't specifically the Mac Pro 13" with Touch Bar, its the models limited to the Intel Iris 550 GPU. Specifically MacBook Pro model 13,2. The current line of 13" Apple MacBook Pros would be unaffected (they use the 600 line from Intel), but any that were fitted with the Intel Iris 550 GPU and not a dedicated graphics option are going to encounter this problem. Engineering tracking this bug as critical now.

VB-145827

On 10/9/2017 at 10:14 AM, Bruce Kieffer said:

The problem is related to CineRender. It is crashing. I spoke with VSS this am. They are working on it.

I am having the same issue. Did they ever get yours resolved? Note: I am using a PC not a mac. I too have uninstalled and then reinstalled and it worked for a few hours then quit.

Edited by chris cox

We have a similar problem with two PCs running Windows 10 with Quadro video cards.

Vectorworks 2018 SP2 shows the RW option just for some seconds, them these options disappear from the menu.

OpenGL works as expected.

The sad think is the fact that 2017 works on the same computers without any problem.

Any hint on how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Pier Luigi Antonini

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 minutes ago, pla61 said:

We have a similar problem with two PCs running Windows 10 with Quadro video cards.

Vectorworks 2018 SP2 shows the RW option just for some seconds, them these options disappear from the menu.

OpenGL works as expected.

The sad think is the fact that 2017 works on the same computers without any problem.

Any hint on how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Pier Luigi Antonini

On Windows, If it isnt an issue with a security application quarantining Cinerender (I think Malwarebytes did this sometimes) then normally a reinstallation corrects it. If Renderworks disappears again after that, then get the dxdiag to tech@vectorworks.net and they can take a closer look.

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/directx-diagnostics-and-system-profiler-r202/

There's a problem with one of the RW app files and my version of the MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar, and it's graphics card. Tech support was very helpful and patient. They determined it was an incompatibility that could be fixed by removing a file titled libosmesa.dylib which is inside /Applications/Vectorworks 2018/Renderworks/resource/libs/osx/mesa. That fixed it for me. This is still an issue with SP2 and support is aware.