Instrument Summary issue between 2017-18

I am currently working on a file that i started in 2017 and have moved over to 2017.

The instrument summary isn't allowing me to build a list it just come up with a box with a cross in and when i repeat this i can only add a couple of symbols to it at a time, i have tried a new file with the same symbols and they go in properly.

Is there a way to reset the Instrument summary tool so it behaves the same as when you first use it in a document?

Thanks in advance

Yes Will

I believe this is the way to do it. SAVE your file. Do a Purge on your document, when you get to the items you want to purge, select special records, it will warn you to be careful. Tick preview items and uncheck everything apart from the Instrument Summary record. That should do it and a new summary will come in with only the default values applied.

It is worth saying that the Instrument Summary tool in 2018 is slightly knackered at the moment as it doesn't seem to like symbol names with any ANSI characters such as degree symbols and returns some odd results. There was a post about this on the facebook group and it is known about and will be fixed apparently!

Hope that helps!

Mark