B Cox

Grouping Viewports in VW 2018 High Sierra

Question

I've been having a few crashing problems with grouping viewports / drawing labels that I have reported on this forum already.

I ran into a new issue today.  I grouped 3 viewports together to drag them around my sheet layer and immediately they became invisible.  Ungroup and visible again.  I know its a small thing but a weird & annoying behavior.  Anyone else had this issue?

5 answers to this question

Confirmed, looks like someone beat me to filing the bug: VB-145905

• Like 1

Hi. This bug is still recurring in VW2018 SP2.  If you rename drawing label objects while they are inside of a grouped viewport, it crashes VW to desktop.  

I'm very disappointed that this hasn't been addressed in the past 2 service packs..

I am unable to replicate this here after updating to 2018 SP2. Are you able to recreate the crash in a new blank test file not made from a template?

VB-145905 is listed as Fixed in SP2, if this is not the case I will refile.

ah i see. what do you recommend we do in offices where we have been working the same file for over a year?  Can we migrate files?

To clarify: Did it work as expected in a new blank file, but still cause crashing in one from before 2018 SP2?

If so, get at least one of those files to tech@vectorworks.net (I suggest linking them to this thread) and see what they can make of it. Sometimes things like this are an easy fix, sometimes it needs to be rebuilt with layer import.