VW Batch exporting of symbols

note how Onshape allows making a direct View Port of a "Symbol" to a drawing sheet

VW should do the same with symbols. along with the ability to batch export symbols

(i know...i'm repeating myself but its becoming more clear as i continued to work on this) 

59db5a3c9f7d1_SymbolListforViewPort.png.9289b39542acb3d720c79b0621be9bc8.png

Edited by digitalcarbon
On 10/6/2017 at 4:50 AM, digitalcarbon said:

also, IF you did not want to export symbols but just wanted to do a part drawing of a symbol IN Vectorworks THEN we should be able to viewport to sheets JUST symbols alone w/o having to place them on a layer.

Design community used to be mostly focused on drawing for presentation with paper output - just make it look right for interpretation by clients, consultants, builders, fabricators, etc.  Today's 3d models are super capable virtual reality and can be interpreted for or even directly drive machinery for fabrication and construction. I really hope Vectorworks is working up a fantastic workflow and interface aimed at direct field use of the model for clients, consultants, and fab/install processes. It's transition time, so we'll still often need current usage of sheets, dimensioned drawings, renders, etc.