Pad-NURBS roadway interface issues

I'm hoping that one of the site model genuises like @Benson Shawmight have a work around for an issue I'm having.

I have a small site model which I'm trying to apply a road concept to. Using the NURBS roadway tool I have selected stations and adjusted the height of the road which has worked out really well. For the last couple of hours I've been trying to fix a challenge I have were the roadway and a pad ( entry parking area) meet up. The roadway only seems to funtion correctly with a 1-2' offset grade limits enabled, the trouble seems to be the grading limits on the pad and the road intersect and are causing this issue. If I delete the road and re-render the pad sits as expected.

On a side note this tool, the NURBS driveway tool, seems to have a few imperfections. If I create a larger offset on the grade limits setting I end up with some strange artifacts (spikes 8-10' high).

Any suggested work arounds would be great...thanks.

pad.png

pad1.png

pad2.png

pad3.png

pad4.png

Not a genius. I'm just a self taught hack, unreasonably patient with troubleshooting!

Overlapping Site Modifiers is not normally successful, Sooo, something to try (Duplicate file?) - Instead of separate grade limits for the road and the pad, combine them.  Start with the 2d source shapes (I try to keep the site modifier source shapes on a separate layer), Add Surface, Right Click>Shapes from Object>Site Modifier>Grade Limits. Then, while the new object is still selected, verify in OIP that it is a Grade Limits. Update the Site Model.

Another trial would be to reshape the two grade limits so they have a coincident edge, rather than overlapping.  This works with Pads, not sure about Grade Limits. It will probably generate those error triangles, even if it produces successful grading.

Good luck!!

-B

44 minutes ago, Jonathan Pickup said:

Site Modifiers and grade limits are not allowed to overlap or touch.

With 1 exclusion - if they share the same height.

I know, deactivating Snapping and caring that nothing touches or overlaps

is the way to go for Landscape.

But for example creating Texture Beds with gaps in between will additional cut

the Mesh Edges with their Edges, creating new unwanted Mesh vertices that will

create new cuts by triangulation of the Faces again, so that such a Mesh gets horrible.

I always try to align my Texture Beds and try to create the exact same location and

amount of Vertices at their touching edges to avoid this.

(I even try to align source contour Vertices to their Vertices)

Just in case someone needs to do something useful with such a Site Model

after an export in another 3D App.

Thanks everyone for your help. It turns out that the road played a big part in this. I fixed the issue by duplicating the road reduced the length by 2' or so. Pasted it back in, deleted the original, made some adjustments to pads and grade limits. Turns out the Nurb roadway has it's own built in grade limit so I left that alone and yes it did overlap the other grade limit site modifier. All is well and thank you everyone for your help.