Change label color with light

Is there a way to get the label text for a light to change to the color of the light. I like to color code the different lights in a plot and currently I make a duplicate label for each type of light and manually change the text color to match the fixture color. Can this be done automatically?

Thanks! 

Edited by mreadshaw

Hello mreadshaw,

Yes you can use the colour field of a lighting device to change the colour of objects in a particular class. This could mean that for example the channel field which is in the Lighting>Label>Channel class can reflect the gel colour of the instrument. You do this is the File>Document Settings>Spotlight Preferences.

However it appears this is not working in 2018 and 2017. The enclosed snapshot is 2016.

I have filed a bug report.

Cheers,

Peter

Spotlight prefs.jpg

Spotlight coloured labels.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks! I figured out the issue is that you need to have a container for the label.

Is there no way to have the label text change color? Also this seems like it can either be a single class or all classess. Is there a way to modify multiple classes so I could have address and unit number change but nothing else?

Thanks!