Tiles

ABi

Hi there,
What is the best way to apply tiles on wall? Make a renderworks texture and apply it on the wall? I mean if I do that, then tiles will be all over wall (and I would like to have tiles only in bathroom).  Or should I make a plane, extrude it, and then apply it ( attached print screen ). 
I would appreciate your help. And if you had any good links to tutorials, please share with me.
Thanks a lot for help, good guys! :) 
Alice

Zrzut ekranu 2017-10-02 o 16.03.46.png

Depends on how you want to visualize the space and what data if any you want to extract from it.  If perhaps you have a close up rendering of the wall you might want to apply a slight displacement map to the texture.  If not, a good bump map would be sufficient.  If you only have one wall to apply it to make a specific wall style and apply the texture to the component.  Any openings you place in the wall will subtract the components allowing you to extract data like area for the tile "component" for take-offs.

4 hours ago, ABi said:

Hi there,
What is the best way to apply tiles on wall? Make a renderworks texture and apply it on the wall? I mean if I do that, then tiles will be all over wall (and I would like to have tiles only in bathroom).  Or should I make a plane, extrude it, and then apply it ( attached print screen ). 
I would appreciate your help. And if you had any good links to tutorials, please share with me.
Thanks a lot for help, good guys! :) 
Alice

Zrzut ekranu 2017-10-02 o 16.03.46.png

4 hours ago, ABi said:

Hi there,
What is the best way to apply tiles on wall?

It really depends: if you need dimensional accuracy for working drawings, you may need to create each tile; ie. model one tile and then make a rectangular array, finally cut tiles at corners and ceiling with solid subtractions. Grouting as a thin wall. For pure visualisation, a thin wall (tile thickness) and texture should do the job. 

Edited by Urbanist
Typo fixed