Tom Klaber

BUG - Structural Member Classification

Question

The structural member tool seems to class of its internal components separately from the overal object.

I placed some columns.  I accidentally had the Stair-Main class on.  I then changed the columns to the S-Main class, but some of the components of the column were internally classified in Stair-Main.  There is no way to reclassify these objects - there is no setting in the dialog to control this.  I did find that if I set the 3D attributes to by class - then they will be reclassified to the object class - but there seems to be an issue that VW classifies with the active class during creation, but does not reclassify the component elements on RE-classification.  

1 answer to this question

Here is the demo.

You will see the object is in S-Main - but the 2-D visibility is being controlled by the A-STAIR-MAIN class.  The fix is to change the 3D Visibility settings.  Clearly, there is an issue in how VW is building those objects.