2018 Titleblock Tool - Editing TAKES FOREVER

Tom Klaber

Question

Editing the Titleblock style or editing the Titleblock layout - takes FOREVER.  It takes - no joke 5-10 MINUTES to enter the editing mode - with VW going Black and not responding in this time - and then takes again 5-10 MINUTES to save the changes when you back out. 

What is taking So long for VW to calculate??  There is some gross inefficiency in whatever back-end process is going on.  I have about 100 sheets in the file - but still.  I have lost almost an hour today trying to modify the title block ahead of a release.  

Somebody needs to look into this. 

Edited by Tom Klaber
  • Like 1

11 answers to this question

I just spent the last hour+ rebuilding the titleblock from scratch - all in 2018 - to see if maybe there was some corruption when it converted my 2017  sheet border into the new tool.  Unfortunately - this did not fix the issue - once I applied the new style to all the titleblocks - I am still getting the same delay.  It just seems to be with quantity.  Just do not understand why that would be the case - the whole point of a centrally controlled resource like a symbol or a style is that editing one should be as fast as editing all.

I could maybe understand that when you make changes it takes a little while to push those changes to everything - I just really do not understand why it takes so long just to ENTER the editing mode.  

How this was not noticed in beta is a little disheartening.  If they were going to push out a tool like this -they should at least have given us the option to keep the sheet border tool until they figure out what the heck is going on. 

I am going to go watch ArchiCad videos while I wait for VW to become responsive again.

Edited by Tom Klaber
6 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

I just spent the last hour+ rebuilding the titleblock from scratch - all in 2018 - to see if maybe there was some corruption when it converted my 2017  sheet border into the new tool.  Unfortunately - this did not fix the issue - once I applied the new style to all the titleblocks - I am still getting the same delay.  It just seems to be with quantity.  Just do not understand why that would be the case - the whole point of a centrally controlled resource like a symbol or a style is that editing one should be as fast as editing all.

I could maybe understand that when you make changes it takes a little while to push those changes to everything - I just really do not understand why it takes so long just to ENTER the editing mode.  

How this was not noticed in beta is a little disheartening.  If they were going to push out a tool like this -they should at least have given us the option to keep the sheet border tool until they figure out what the heck is going on. 

I am going to go watch ArchiCad videos while I wait for VW to become responsive again.

Couldn't agree more. I actually found it a little strange that they did this at all. In the past they have been pretty good about slowly phasing out legacy tools, so it's strange this time that they did a complete overhaul (poorly, by my early estimation) and didn't give users the opportunity to slowing wade in...not impressed.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:15 PM, Tom Klaber said:

I want to apologize for being bratty.  I had just set aside a Saturday to try and get ahead of my deadline, and lost most of the day to this issue and was feeling sorry for myself - this is a frustrating issue - but I will try to remain more constructive in the future.